Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
All bookings accepted by Riverlodge Backpackers Hostel are subject to these Terms and Conditions that are deemed to have been accepted in full by the Client/Guest. Payment of a deposit also indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply for the Lodge Accommodation Contract as well as all other services and supplies rendered to the Guests by Riverlodge Backpackers.
- Deviating terms, also to the extent included in the General terms and Conditions of the Guest or the Ordering Party, shall not apply unless expressly approved by the Lodge in writing.
- CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT.
- Staying at Riverlodge Backpackers is not intended to confer possession on the Client/Guest or to create the relationship of landlord and tenant between us and the Client/Guest. The Client/Guest will not be entitled to any form of tenancy. The Client/Guest confirms that they will not be occupying the serviced unit as their only or principal home Upon the Guest’s request for reservation, a lodge accommodation contract is brought about by the Lodge’s corresponding confirmation of the reservation (hereinafter referred to as “Contract”)
- Contractual partners are the Lodge and the Guest. If a third party has made the reservation on behalf of the Guest, this party shall be liable vis-à-vis the Lodge jointly and severally with the Guest for all obligations resulting from the Contract if the Lodge is in possession of a corresponding declaration given by the Ordering Party. Independent therefrom, any Ordering Party is obliged to pass on all booking related information to the Guest, in particular the present General Terms and Conditions.
- Sub- leasing of rooms as well as their usage for purposes other than accommodation, are not permitted or allowed in any context.
- Extending your stay requires of you to notify and pay for your extended stay before 10am on the morning that your paid for accommodation comes to an end. If you have not notified and paid for your extended stay by 10am, we reserve the right to resell the room and or charge you the hostels set rates for an additional nights stay.
- Booking in times are 14H00 and check out at 10H00 the next morning, or on the morning that your booked and paid for accommodation comes to an end.
- Bookings can only be done by contractually capable people.
- SERVICES, PRICES, PAYMENT
- Your booking is only confirmed when we email written confirmation of booking following receipt of payment of the deposit. When a booking is made, a 50% non refundable booking deposit of the total invoice is required in advance to confirm the reservation. The balance (if any), of the booking charge is to be paid six weeks prior to the arrival date. If we do not receive full payment by this time, the reservation may be cancelled and a percentage of the deposit withheld. The Client/Guest may be liable for the balance of the booking. When a booking is made less than six weeks prior to the arrival date, the full amount invoiced is required to confirm the reservation. Payment must be made in South African Rand (ZAR) and must be clear of all bank charges, exchange rate variations and any other deductions. We only accept EFT or Bank to bank transfer to our account. Under no circumstances will accommodation be provided until we have received full payment of the booking. Failure to pay in accordance with the agreed terms of payment may result in loss of your booking.
- The Lodge is obliged to have the booked rooms available according to the present General terms and to fulfill the services agreed.
- The Lodge is by virtue of important reasons fully entitled to accommodate the Guest in another lodge with comparable standard and service for the price agreed without recourse.
- The Guest is obliged to pay the prices applying to or agreed on for the provision of accommodation and additional services he / she has made use of / booked. This also applies to services and expenses of the Lodge vis-à-vis third parties incurred for performances rendered upon the Guest’s request.
- The prices agreed include the applicable statutory Value Added Tax. In case the period between the conclusion and performance of the Contract exceeds one months, and if the prices usually charged by the Lodge for such services have increased in the meantime, the Lodge may increase the contractually agreed price accordingly, but, by no more than 20 per cent maximum.
- The prices may also be changed by the Lodge if the Guest subsequently wants to change the number of the booked rooms, the service of the Lodge or the duration of the Guests’ stay and the Lodge gives its consent thereto.
Upon receipt, invoices issued by the Lodge shall become payable immediately without deduction. In the case of default of payment, the Lodge is entitled to charge consumers interests in the amount of 10 per cent ( 10% ) above the base rate. For business transactions, the default interest rate is 15 per cent ( !5% ) above the base rate. The right for the Lodge to prove a higher damage is reserved. For each reminder sent after default occurs, the Lodge may charge a reminder fee of ZAR 100.00.
- The Lodge is entitled to request, on the conclusion of the Contract or later, a reasonable advance payment or security. The amount of the advance payment and its due date may be agreed in the Contract in writing. Moreover, the Lodge is entitled to call and declare as due claims during the Guest’s stay by issuing an interim invoice and requesting immediate payment.
For groups of 5 or more, a deposit in the amount of a 50% non refundable deposit of the total booking price is due after receipt of booking confirmation, unless otherwise arranged beforehand. The balance is due two weeks before the check in date.
- The total amount (less the deposit), as detailed in an itemised bill, is due upon arrival unless otherwise arranged beforehand.
- For groups of 5 and more, a refundable damage deposit of ten percent (10% ) is required, this deposit will be reimbursed in full so long as no damage to the hostel property has been caused by the group and will be paid back no later than 14 days after the guest/s have checked out.
- The Guest shall be entitled to a set-off or a reduction as against a claim of the Lodge with only undisputed or un-appeal-able legally binding claims.
- REVOCATION BY THE GUEST (CANCELLATION, FAILURE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SERVICES BOOKED)
- Cancellations must be notified to us in writing. A change of arrival date or departure date by the Client/Guest may be treated as cancellation and re- booking. We recommend that the Client/Guest insures against cancellation. The backpackers Hostel grants to the Guest the right to revoke the Contract at any time. In this respect, the following provisions shall apply in addition to any outstanding monies owed after deposit payments have been made:
- Bookings for groups or individuals: cancellations made by the guest respectively on the part of the intermediary person or organization are free of charge up to 90 days before expected arrival. For cancellations made within 90 days prior to arrival the following cancellation fees apply; these fees also apply for bookings made within 90 days of expected arrival:
- For Cancellations made 89 to 40 days before expected arrival, 30 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
- For cancellations made 39 to 30 days before expected arrival, 50 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due
- For cancellations made 29 to 0 day(s) before expected arrival, 100 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
- Guests who either cancel on the day of their expected arrival or simply do not show up will be charged the agreed-upon total outstanding price in full.
- Above cancellation conditions also apply if the number of persons is reduced at least 10 per cent within this period of time.
- Booked meals can be canceled free of charge until 40 days prior to arrival. Thereafter, a cancellation fee of 100 per cent (100% )of the agreed-upon total price applies.
- The Guest is free to prove that the Lodge did not suffer any damage, or that the damage incurred to the Lodge amounts to less than the lump-sum revocation compensation claimed.
- The above provisions on the compensation shall apply if no other regulations have been declared in the Contract.
- If a customer wishes to cancel a contract he or she entered into with Riverlodge Backpackers, he or she must submit such cancellation in writing. The cancellation is not, however, valid without the written affirmation of Riverlodge Backpackers. Failing that, the original price stipulated in the contract must be paid in full even if the guest(s) fail(s) to take advantage of the services stipulated in the contract.
- In case an advance payment or security agreed in clause III para. 6 is not performed within a period prescribed for this purpose, the Lodge is also entitled to revoke the Contract.
- Moreover, the Lodge shall be entitled to extraordinary revocation of the Contract for good cause, in particular, if
- Force majeure or other circumstances which do not fall under the scope of the responsibility of the Lodge make it impossible to perform the Contract;
- Misleading or incorrect statements of material facts have been used in booking rooms, for example, with respect to the person of the Guest, or the purpose
- The Lodge has justified reason to assume that in case the Guest makes use of the Lodge’s services the smooth business operations, safety, or reputation of the lodge in the public may be impeded, without such matters being attributable to the Lodge’s power of control or organization;
- An unauthorized sub-lease or further lease according to clause II para. 3 exists;
- A case of clause VI para 3 exists;
- The Lodge has gained knowledge that the financial situation of the Guest has considerably worsened after conclusion of contract, in particular if the Guest does not pay for due claims of the Lodge or does not provide sufficient security and as a result payment claims of the Lodge appear to be endangered;
- Insolvency proceedings are opened on the assets of the Guest or the opening of the same is rejected for lack of assets or any other reasons.
- The Lodge is obliged to inform the Guest of the exercising of the revocation right in writing without delay.
- In the above cases of revocation the Guest is not entitled to compensation for damage.
- The Guest is not entitled to the provision of certain specific rooms unless the Lodge has confirmed the provision of certain rooms in writing. For groups of 10 or more, the Lodge retains the right to determine the type of accommodation provided (i.e. to determine the allocation of singles, doubles and multi-bed rooms). The Lodge will, however, take the guest requests into consideration and do its best to grant them when possible. The exact apportionment of rooms will be provided in the booking confirmation.
- Booked rooms shall be at the Guest’s disposal from 3.00 pm on the agreed date of arrival. The Guest shall not be entitled to an earlier provision. Rooms must be vacated and the keys returned by 10h00 on the day of departure. If there is a delay in vacating the serviced room, unit beyound 10H00, a full days rental may be charged to the client/Guest. Early arrivals and departures are possible if the room/unit concerned is not required.
- Booked rooms shall be taken by the Guest on the agreed date of arrival by 14H00 and no lare than 18H00 at the latest. Unless a later time of arrival has been guaranteed by credit card or prepayment, the Lodge has the right to place the booked rooms with other guests after 18H00 pm, without the contractual party being able to claim any compensation as a result thereof. In so far, the Lodge is entitled to revocation.
- On the agreed date of departure, the rooms shall be vacated and at the Lodge’s free disposal by 10.00 am at the latest. Thereafter, the Lodge may charge, beyond the damage incurred to it thereby, 100 per cent of the daily room rate for the additional use of the room until 14H00. The Guest is free to prove vis-à-vis the Lodge that no damage or a considerable lower damage has been incurred to the Lodge.
- For groups of 5 or more, the lodge must be provided with a list of the full names and dates of birth of all group members no later than upon arrival.
- If the actual number of guests exceeds the number booked and expected, accommodation is not guaranteed for these additional group members.
- OTHER REGULATIONS AND TERMS
- Adherence to the most up-to-date version of the House Rules is stipulated in this contract, These can be requested at the lodge reception. Groups of 5 or more must read and sign a copy of these House Rules at the latest upon arrival. It is the groups responsibility to acquire the house rules document.
- Under no circumstances is smoking allowed anywhere with in the hostel. Futher more eating and drinking is allowed in the dinning area only. Under no circumstances is eating and drinking allowed in any of the communal area's, lounges or bedrooms.
- People under the age of 12 are not allowed to sleep in dormitories, and they have to be accompanied by a full aged person or show a letter of agreement of a legal guardian.
- When both accommodation and breakfast have been booked, breakfast will be served on the morning following each overnight stay. When room and half- or full-board have been booked, the first meal served will be dinner on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged beforehand. When half-board has been booked, the last meal will be breakfast on the day of departure; when full-board has been booked, the last meal will be lunch (in-house or packed) on the day of departure. When either half- or full-board have been booked, meal times will be discussed and determined upon arrival at the latest.
- Broadband/Wifi internet access is provided at Riverlodge. Although we will endeavour to assist with any connection problems, Riverlodge Backpackers Hostel accepts no responsibility for the inability to connect to this facility.
- LIABILITY OF THE HOTEL, LIMITATION
- The guest is liable for all inventory losses and damages caused by misuse, carelessness or negligence. Should the guilty individual not come forward or be discovered, the group as a whole will be held liable. Upon arrival of a group, the lodge retains the right to collect a security key deposit in the amount of ZAR100.00 per key. Upon departure, this deposit will be reimbursed in full so long as no damage to the hotel property has been caused by the group.
- If any interference with the performance of any obligation or if defects in the service of the Lodge occur, the Lodge will, on immediate complaint of the guest, endeavor to remedy the same. If the Guest fails culpably to notify a defect to the Lodge, this shall not result in a right to reduce the contractually agreed remuneration.
- The Lodge is not liable for any damage arising from the injury to life and limb.
- If the Guest is – even against payment – provided with a parking space in the car-park of the Lodge, this shall not constitute to the conclusion of a contract of bailment deposit. The Lodge shall not have any surveillance obligations for the vehicles. If vehicles or the contents of the vehicles parked or otherwise situated on the Lodge premises are lost or damaged, the Lodge shall be not be liable unless the Lodge, its legal representatives or it’s vicarious agents have caused such damage by willful intent or gross negligence. In this case, the damage must be claimed vis-à-vis the Lodge on departure from the Lodge at the latest.
- Wake-up services shall be performed by the Lodge with the greatest care. Claims for damages shall be excluded except in cases of gross negligence or willful intent.
- The Lodge treats with care massages, mail and consignment of goods for the Guests. The Lodge shall ensure delivery, storage and upon request and against payment forwarding of the same as well as of found items upon inquiry. Claims for damages are excluded, except in cases of gross negligence or willful intent. The Lodge is entitled to hand over the aforementioned objects to the local lost property office after a storage period of one month at the latest and charging a reasonable fee.
- The Guest’s claims for damages shall fall under the statute of limitations two years at the latest from the time the Guest obtains knowledge of the damage, or, irrespective of this knowledge, three years at the latest after the damaging event. This shall not apply to the liability for damages arising from the injury to life or limb as well as for any other damage based on a breach of duty thorough willful intent or gross negligence on the part of the Lodge, a legal representative or a vicarious agent of the Lodge.
- Changes or amendments to the Contract, in the acceptance of the acceptance of the offer or to these General terms and Conditions for the Lodge Accommodation Contract shall be made in writing. Unilateral changes or modification on the part of the customer shall be invalid.
- Place of performance and payment shall be the registered office of the Hostel.
- Exclusive place of jurisdiction in the business transactions – also in the case of bills of exchange – shall be the registered office of the Lodge. However, the Lodge is also entitled to institute complaints and other legal proceedings also at the general place of jurisdiction of the Guest.
- For bookings in South Africa, South African law applies. The Uniform law on the International Sale of Goods and the Conflicts of Law do not apply and may not be applied.
- Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for the Hostel Accommodation Contract be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby. Moreover the statutory provisions shall apply.
The information contained in this website is provided by Riverlodge Backpackers Hostel and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Riverlodge Backpackers. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Riverlodge Backpackers takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Privacy Statement
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
Will information be shared with third parties?
No. Riverlodge Backpackers does not share any individual information you provide through the Booking Enquiry with third parties (except with your approval through the use of this Service). business name may release specific information about your account to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, or in special cases such as a physical threat to you or others.
Is my personal information secure?
Yes, Riverlodge Backpackers is deeply committed to your security to keep your personal information as secure as possible.
What happens if this policy changes?
If it becomes necessary for us to materially change this policy, we will provide prominent notice to those who use our service.